Date(s) - Sat 13 Jul 2019 - Sun 14 Jul 2019
9:30 am - 6:30 pm
Leeds Rhinos Netball proudly presents our two-day conference, open to all coaches working in a performance capacity regionally or nationally, or who are aspiring to enter this level of coaching to educate the performance players of tomorrow.
Conference background and objectives
Netball in the UK has entered a new era, with participation in our sport reaching unprecedented heights and performance very much on the increase. Across our region, coaches require regular education to remain knowledgeable on successful coaching methods and give athletes the best possible assistance.
Our two-day conference has been developed to bestow coaches with the tools necessary to support performance athletes on their journey. Throughout the event, a number of successful performance coaches – including our very special guests, Sue Hawkins and Jill McIntosh – will share their knowledge and experience of performance coaching, empowering coaches with the skills to proceed onward and teach their own players with increased know-how and confidence.
Sue Hawkins – Over thirty years’ coaching and playing including fourteen with the Australian Institute for Sport, several more as a national domestic league coach – QLD Firebirds, NSW Swifts, Diamonds (NZ) and Tactix (NZ) – and England Roses head coach. As a player, Sue has twenty-eight caps with Australia.
Jill McIntosh – Over forty years’ coaching and playing experience, notably four as the National Coaching Director for Netball Australia, nine as National Coach for the Australian team – leading on ninety-four games, eighty-eight of which were a win – and, as a player, securing twenty-nine test caps. In 2009, Jill was inducted into the Netball Australia Hall of Fame.
What to expect during the conference
- Access to highly respected, renowned and experienced International coaches from the world of high-performance netball
- Introduction of new ideas / concepts / styles from top performance coaches
- Live game performance analysis
- Assistance with continuous personal & professional development
- Networking and knowledge-share amongst professionals and peers
What you will gain through attending the conference
- For many, a unique ‘once in a lifetime’ opportunity spending time amongst two of our sport’s legends, arguably some of the worlds most experienced international performance coaches
- The knowledge necessary to prepare athletes to step up to performance netball
- The skills to deliver a coaching experience that can make a real difference to young athletes
- Inspiration to become the best performance coach you can
- Enthusiasm and energy to inspire others as we approach the Netball World Cup
Read more details of our conference including the full itinerary here
Lunch and refreshments are included.
To sign up, please register below.
Bookings are closed for this event.